|A self-taught artist, I use my stories and characters to guide my work, inspired by friends, other art, and the diversity of life itself.|
Tagged by Kelathi.
(uh-oh – hopefully I’m still on time )
1.) You have to post ALL the Rules
2.) Each person has to share 13 things about themselves
3.) Answer 13 questions asked to you and invent 13 questions the people you tag will have to answer
4.) Choose 13 people
5.) You have to legitimately tag 13 people
6.) You CAN'T say you don't do tags
7.) Tag-backs are ALLOWED
8.) YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY! NO COMMENTS! unless you're talking ABOUT the entry
9.) You have to finish within a week. If you don't finish in time, you have to do what ever the creator tells you
10.) be creative with the title. no, " I got tagged" stuff.
13 Things About Me:
1. I have a cat who is likely to end up at 30 pounds (he’s only seven months old, and already weighs ELEVEN POUNDS)
2. I originally attended college to get a drawing degree to become a Disney animator; thanks to an art program that was more focused on art snobbery and “concept” rather than teaching me technical mechanics, I changed majors, and found Communication Studies, which I fell in love with.
3. I can’t stand dried fruit… unless it’s sweetened tart cherries.
4. My sister and I got stuck in the snow once, and (in high heeled boots) I pushed the car out of the ice patch. On my own. This is why my sister sometimes uses “Supergirl” as a nickname.
5. It’s hard to talk about myself for a long time. Hence why this has taken me SO FRICKIN’ LONG. X_X
6. I’ve been an artist all my life, and I used the cartoons I’d watch as a child to teach myself how to draw. I also used some color books to trace, which taught me proportions in face and body
7. I’m obsessed with John Oliver
8. I can’t hear Patrick Stewart’s British accent. I grew up watching Star Trek, and therefore listening to him.
9. I take a lot of pride in the things my family does. For example, my sister just finished her PhD in climate science.
10. As much as I like the idea of touch screen technology, it drives me crazy how small screens are becoming (because our fingers are of course evolving to be tiny tips to use the darn things…)
11. While I like to drink coffee with sugar in it, I can’t stand the smell of coffee grounds. (alternatively, my dad can’t stand drinking coffee, but likes the smell of the grounds. Go figure)
12. On top of not liking to talk about myself, as I mentioned above, I’m more private which limits again what I want to talk about on here.
At least this counts as thing about me. -_-;;;
13. Unlucky 13th? Ok… I will admit I’m one of the ones thoroughly unimpressed with the new “Star Wars” movie. It was a rehash of Episodes 4 and 5 (obvious down from the desert planet and a droid running off on its own with plans wanted by the
Empire First Order, finding an orphan, going into space with another, going to the Death Star Planet, going to a forest planet, destroying station, only to turn into ending of 5 with one person out for the count at the moment), and while I LOVED Finn (seriously unique back story and difference in personality) and BB-8 (even if he is a blatant copy of R2-D2), the rest left me pretty cold.
Not to mention they killed off one of my all-time fav characters, who I literally grew up with (as in I don’t remember NOT knowing every moment of those original 3 films).
(let’s see how many people get mad at me for saying anything against this new attempt…)
1. Whats the most embarrassing moment you are okay with sharing?
Ooh… um… probably that time in my 3D art class, where I was trying to explain my project (showing how I think outside the box) but because we had to talk for x amount of time I over-shared and yeah. :/
2. Do you like anyone un-popular (like the villain in a movie, etc.), who?
Heck yes. Villains are predominantly my favorite characters, mostly because they are by far the most interesting. They have faults, they are more on the outside looking in, and just in general have far more back story and work done on them (at least the good ones that are worth liking do). Let’s just say – before I EVER got my crush on Han Solo from Star Wars Ep. 4-6 (age… 12-ish; grew up with those films), I loved Darth Vader best.
(besides, animated villains always have the best songs!!!)
3. What are your favourite character that you have created? (If you haven't made any, pick some from movies or books).
… whydidyouaskthis… Uuuuummm… probably once character who I’ve never posted about before, because she’s going to be the star of a book I really want to write. She is my response to super heroes, because she embodies all the reservations I know I’d have about the powerful abilities she gets and can barely control, on top of being able to overcome her own fears in order to do what she can.
That and when I created her, I was SO SICK of the super feminized powers girls get (think Hulk vs. She-Hulk) so I came up with something unique and really powerful (and also potentially funny given who she is ).
4. What is your favourite meal?
… again… Um, well, SOME OF my favorites include penne rosa (I have a slightly modified version of what they have at Noodles and Co), fried rice (again, recipe I found), orange chicken (found one that is SO GOOD…)… yeah. My/family’s cooking = my favorite meals? XD
UNLESS this question means meal of the day, which would be dinner. I like my dinner foods.
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I’D TRAVEL TO EVERY HISTORICAL SITE THAT’S AROUND. I’ve always been a huge history buff, and I LOVE going to see historical sites (I’ve had a few weeks in Italy, where my favorite parts were the food and seeing the Coliseum, Piza, Trevi Fountain, and Venice ). I’d love to see the Great Wall, Stonehenge, and all the rest
6. IF YOU PRESS THIS BUTTON YOU WILL GET A MILLION POUNDS/DOLLARS/YOUR CURRENCY. But someone, somewhere, will die, and you will not know who. However, I can guarantee you have never met them, and they are not a family member. Would you push the button?
**** no. I don’t know about anyone else, but I could never in good conscience do something like that.
7. How would you describe yourself if you only had 5 words to use?
What sort of a question is – oh wait… ran out of words.
8. What do you most like about yourself?
I have a pretty good sense of humor. It’s a mix of sarcasm, occasional flashes of brilliance in delivery and joke (not overly often but I have had moments! ), and movie quotes. I also like messing with things, so that helps the humor
9. What do you want to do with your life?
Become a published writer and artist. I have many other goals in that, but those two are some of my biggest ones.
10. All in all, would you say you are happy with the direction your life is going in?
At the moment, I’m happy with it; I’m making my family proud, and I’m not doing anything I’m ashamed of.
11. Introvert or extrovert?
The extrovert of a family of introverts.
12. Favourite type of character? (e.g.. one that has flaws, scars, Mary-Sues, confident, etc.)
As a general rule? Sidekicks.
No seriously; so often the hero is “perfect,” and has to go off and save the world. Sidekicks are predominantly the ones who have to go through a struggle, who have to overcome challenges (often including themselves), and at the end show humility and let the “hero” have the spotlight. Some stories (movies, books, OCs, etc.) end up having a really complex, developed and “real” main character that I end up enjoying, but that RARELY EVER includes the “chosen one” scenario.
As an example, my family has lately been watching “Harry Potter” over; still prefer Ron and Hermione well over Harry.
13. Why did you join Deviantart?
… to be honest, I can’t remember. This account is actually my second one, since I wanted a fresh start. I think DeviantART was the first online art gallery I found, so I joined. I can’t remember exactly though.
Ok so my questions…
1. What was your most unusual pet (in terms of species or personality)?
2. Favorite thing to draw and why?
3. Least favorite thing to draw and why?
4. Which do you have – Mac or PC or self-made and why?
5. If someone asked you a question about their favorite celebrity, what would be your response?
6. Use 3 words to describe how you’d want to be described by someone else
7. If you could have any (real) animal as a pet, what would you pick?
8. Dark side or Light side?
9. What would your wizarding wand type be? (a la Harry Potter)
10. Favorite dessert?
11. What food does a friend like that you think is really gross?
12. How do you like to create your characters? What strategies do you use?
13. Unlucky 13 again… what is your favorite scary myth or superstition? (no creepypastas please)
Aaaaaand last… people to tag!
1. Kelathi - mwahaha
… yeah I don’t have a lot of people on DevArt that are friends that I can tag. :/ So much for the 13 pattern…